Smethwick Click Here to go back to District Map Acocks Green Allens Cross Ashted Aston (Gosta Green) Aston Aston (Juxta) Aston Brook Aston Manor Balsall Heath Bartley Green Bearwood Billesley Birchfield Birmingham Blackwell Bordesley (Camp Hill) Bordesley Bordesley Green Bournbrook Bournville Brandwood Bromford Brookfields California Castle Bromwich Cotteridge Deritend Duddeston Earlswood Edgbaston Erdington Great Barr Greet Hall Green Hamstead Handsworth Harborne Hay Mills Hazelwell Highgate Hockley Hodge Hill Kings Heath Kings Norton Kingstanding Ladywood Longbridge Lozells Moseley Nechells Newtown Northfield Olton Oscott Perry Barr Perry Beeches Pipe Hayes Quinton Rednal Rubery Saltley Selly Oak Shard End Sheldon Shenley Green Small Heath Smethwick Solihull South Yardley Sparkbrook Sparkhill Springfield Spring Hill Stechford Stirchley Summerfield Sutton Coldfield Ward End Washwood Heath West Heath Weoley Castle Winson Green Witton Yardley Yardley Wood RELIGIOUS HOUSES
Church of England Churches
Listed left are Districts/Parish Churches within the City of Birmingham boundary. Clicking on the District will take you to the District Information Page which also shows an approximate Ordnance Survey Grid Reference. Where Birmingham has been indicated this means Birmingham Central. All sources are from Birmingham Central Library archives, Birmingham Diocesan Directory and the Victorian History of the Counties of England. Warwickshire Vol.VII
Unless identified separately & specifically ALL Churches are C of E
Christian Scientists – Sandon Road Bearwood
Church the new place of worship of the Birmingham First Church was opened in 1953.
Methodists – Harborne
Preaching room, in North Harborne, was conducted in 1851 by the Methodists New Connexion.
Other Churches and Missions – Booth Street Smethwick
Zion Holiness Mission Smethwick was registered for public worship in 1956.
Other Churches and Missions – Cape Street Smethwick
Gospel Hall Smethwick was acquired by the Midland Evangelisation Trust in 1916, and was sold in 1939.
Presbyterians – Dudley Road Smethwick
Cape Chapel and school, built in 1846. In 1851 it was used for public worship on one-week day. It ceased to be registered for marriages in 1866.