Midland Ancestors North Staffs Group is for those with family history interests in the area of North Staffs and South Cheshire including Stoke-on-Trent, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire Moorlands.
All are Welcome to our meetings usually on the first Monday of the month but check with the groups dedicated website, see link lower down the page. Meetings commence at 7.30 p.m. in the hall at St. John’s Centre, Newcastle Road, Trent Vale, Stoke on Trent ST4 6QD. For a Google map in a new Tab click here and for a street view see here. There is a free car park at the side of the premises and on street parking can be had in Harpfields Road and Flash Lane. Best to avoid Vicarage Lane as it is narrow.
In the Midland Ancestors On Line shop you can find a wealth of information about North Staffs and surrounding, some of it not available elsewhere. Formats include pdf downloads, data CDs and fiche.
A sample of items available –
- Longton St. John Burials 1764-1975
- Leek – A History of the Ancient Parish, including Horton, Cheddleton & Ipstones
- North Staffs Railway Co. Canals Dept. Wages Ledger 1850-1930
- Stoke St. Peters Ad-Vincula Minster MIs
- Trentham Cemetery MIs
- Tracing Ancestors in North Staffordshire by Eva Beech
- Ipstones Parish Registers 1813 earliest – 1900
- Kings Bromley Parish registers 1673 earliest – 1882
- Hanbury St. Werburgh Parish registers 1574 earliest – 1812
- Collections for a History of Staffordshire, William Salt Archaeological Society
- Erdeswick’s Survey of Staffordshire (1844)
- Kelly’s, Whites, Pigots Directories for Staffordshire – wide range of years
- Return of Owners of Land, Staffordshire (1873)
- Tracing Your Potteries Ancestors by Mike Sharpe
To find out more about our group go to our dedicated website here – N. Staffs Group