Midland Ancestors Kenilworth Group (formerly known as Kenilworth Family History Society) is a group that brings together amateur genealogists and family historians to profit from shared knowledge, we also learn about the lives of our ancestors through monthly meetings. Meetings range from practical sessions to talks from speakers on various family history related subjects and we also provide a newsletter at each meeting. We do not undertake family history research for others, but members are always willing to provide advice and support to fellow family historians.
You can see more about us here – Kenilworth Group
Our 2022 ABM Meeting Papers to our Members is available here.
We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of each month (except August) at 7:30pm.
In 2021 the Kenilworth group decided to continue with Zoom meetings until Spring 2022. It is also considering using Zoom meetings through the winter months Nov-Feb in the future.
Face-to-face meetings are held in The Kenilworth Centre, Abbey End Car Park, Kenilworth, CV8 1QJ. All are welcome, we simply invite donations of £2-3 on the door (voluntary).
Meetings conclude with a coffee/tea break after talks, which gives plenty of time for discussion and our venue (tKC) has free WiFi available, so you can always bring along a laptop or other device and do a little research with friends!
The Midland Ancestors shop has lots of useful information to download about Kenilworth, neighbouring parishes and Warwickshire. These are available to view here
Other Warwickshire resources include:
Other sites about the history of Kenilworth and the surrounding area:
- Kenilworth History & Archaeology Society
- The Kenilworth Civic Society
- Graham Gould’s Website – Prolific Kenilworth Historian, noted for his ‘Kenilworth in Camera’ published series, but much more not published commercially.
- Kenilworth War Memorial Website – Recording over two hundred Kenilworth family names of Kenilworth’s fallen.
- Our Warwickshire’s ‘Kenilworth’ Search
- Windows on Warwickshire’s ‘Kenilworth’ Search
Neighbouring Parishes & Towns
- Berkswell and District History Group
- Burton Green Blogspot
- Coventry Family History Society
- Lapworth Local History Group
- Leamington History Group website, which also includes links to Lillington Local History Society and Sydenham History Group
- Leek Wootton History Group
- Rugby Local History Group
- Stoneleigh History Society
- Whitnash Society
Above is a list of Kenilworth’s closest neighbours. Warwickshire Local History Society is an umbrella organisation for local history societies and has a list of its members throughout Warwickshire available here.