Midland Ancestors Stourbridge Group is for those with family history interests in the Stourbridge area encompassing parts of the Black Country with its proud Industrial Heritage and straddling the old county boundary between Worcestershire and Staffordshire, from Halesowen in the east, north to Dudley, across to Kingswinford and south to Wolverley and Churchill.
All are Welcome to our meetings usually on the third Tuesday of most months at 7.30 p.m. in the hall at St. Peter’s Centre, Pedmore Lane, Stourbridge DY9 0SW. The hall is at the rear of the Scout Group rooms, access by way of the pathway at the side of it, just near to the bus stop . For a Google map in a new Tab click here and for a street view see here. Parking is available in Pedmore Lane.
As Group meeting days do occasionally vary, do please check details on the Calendar here which will open in a new Tab.
You can contact the branch using this address – email@example.com
In The Midland Ancestors On Line shop you can find a wealth of information about Stourbridge and its neighbouring parishes, much of it not available elsewhere. Formats include pdf downloads, data CDs and fiche.
A sample of items available –
- Brierley Hill Non-Conformist Records.
- St. Mark’s Pensnett Monumental Inscriptions.
- Cradley St. Peter (formerly Cradley Chapel) Parish records 1785 – 1837.
- St. John the Baptist, Halesowen Transcripts Births, Marriages and Burials 1717- 1837.
- Holy Trinity, Amblecote Monumental Inscriptions.
Plus a selection of Family History publications and the Alan Godfrey range of Old Ordnance Survey Maps. Use this link to find out more
Some websites to Archives and history of Stourbridge and its surrounding area:
- Amblecote History Society www.amblecote.org
- Black Country Muse www.blackcountrymuse.com (an excellent industrial photo gallery).
- Black Country Society www.blackcountrysociety.co.uk
- Cradley Then & Now www.cradleylinks.co.uk/thenandnow.htm local history group
- Clent History Society http://clenthistory.org
- Dudley Archives and Local History Service www.dudley.gov.uk/archives
- Hagley Historical & FieldSociety http://hhfs.org.uk
- Halesowen History www.halesowenroots.com
- Stourbridge old maps www.oldstourbridgemaps.kjdocs.co.uk includes surrounding area from the 17th – 20th Century
- Stourbridge Historical Society www.stourbridgehistoricalsociety.com
- Stourbridge Website www.stourbridge.com includes genealogy, historical photos etc
- Wordsley History Society www.wordsleydca.weebly.com