C of E
Hay Mills – St Cyprian Fordrough / Coventry Road ( O. S. GR. SP 109850 )
Originated from the schoolroom next to the existing church which was licensed as a mission of St Edburgha’s Yardley from 1864. It was consecrated in 1878 after a parish had been assigned in the same year out of St Edburgha’s Yardley. The parish was later enlarged in 1948 by further parts of St Edburgha’s Yardley. St Chad’s mission South Yardley has been licensed for public worship since 1908.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Baptisms 1861 – 1933
Marriages 1869 – 1935
Congregationalists and Independents – Coventry Road Hay Mills
Chapel was completed in 1900. The church was of dual origin. In 1885 Church Road mission began services in Speedwell Road transferred about 1887 to a lean-to mission room in Kings Road Hay Mills. From at least 1892 there were also services at the Redhill Board School, inaugurated by Coventry Road, Small Heath. The two missions united in 1957.
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department Marriage 1932 -1962
Friends – Berkeley Road Hay Mills
Institute was opened in 1906.
Methodists – Coventry Road Hay Mills
Chapel was opened by the Wesleyans in 1929. Methodists worship in Hay Mills began before 1873, when a mission hall, in the Long Causeway, Coventry Road, Hay Mills was registered for public worship.
Salvation Army – Shipway Road Hay Mills
Barracks were registered for public worship from 1898 to 1903.