C of E
Bournville – St Francis of Assisi Linden Road ( O. S. GR. SP 045813)
In 1913 a hall here was dedicated as a mission of St Mary’s, Selly Oak. A conventional district was attached to it in 1915, and in 1926 a parish was assigned out of St Mary’s, Selly Oak, St Nicolas’s, Kings Norton, St Lawrence’s, Northfield and St Agnes’s, Moseley. Consecrated 1925. The parish was enlarged in 1933 by the addition of futher parts of St Mary’s and St Laurence’s. A mission room at Woodland Park was transferred from St Laurence’s to St Francis ‘s in 1929 , and remained in use until the Second World War. Various parish records were deposited in the Birmingham City Archives by the church in Nov 2003. But did not include baptisms or marriages registers. The church still retains (as of 2008) baptisms from 1912 and marriages from 1918. Enquiries to the vicar. [Source Birmingham Archives]
Registers at Birmingham Central Library – Archives department
Christadelphians – Beaumont Road Bournville
Hall opened in 1927. The congregation had previously met for about five years in the Bournville Co-operative Hall. The ecclesia was associated with the Masonic Hall (later Suffolk Street) group.
Church of Christ – Beaumont Road Bournville
Chapel completed 1914. The church was formed in 1906 and met originally at Ruskin Hall, Bournville.
Friends – Hay Green Lane Bournville
Mission hall, was used for a friends meeting from 1903. It was closed in 1940 and subsequently taken down.
Friends – Linden Road Bournville
Meeting house, opened in 1905. It was intended to provided a place of worship for Bournville Village, where by 1905 , 500 houses were built. Although mission meetings had been previously held at the Ruskin Hall, Bounville, the Linden Road meeting was founded in 1905 by members and attendees of the Hazelwell Street meeting.
Methodists – Hay Green Bournville
Chapel was registered for public worship by the United Methodists in 1932.