This was formerly part of the parish of Clifford Chambers and was transferred to Warwickshire in 1931. There are two villages, Upper and Lower Quinton, situated on the slopes of Meon Hill, about five miles south of Stratford. Each has its village green and a number of old houses. The parish church, though much altered, dates from Saxon times. The tomb of Sir William Clopton, who fought at Agincourt, is in the Chancel. Hamlets, Admington (now a modern parish) and Upper and Lower Lark Stoke.

DIOCESE: Gloucester. HUNDRED: Upper Kiftsgate. UNION: Stratford

ADJOINING PARISHES: Clifford Chambers, Atherstone-On-Stour, Preston-on-Stour, Whitchurch, Ilmington, Mickleton and Pebworth in Gloucs., Long Marston.

Parish Registers: Christenings: 1547-1976 Marriages: 1547-1971 Burials: 1547-1886 Banns 1823-1874

Bishop's Transcripts : 1610-1859 GLO

IGI: Christenings: 1547-1603 1610-1638 & 1660-1885 Marriages: 1813-1895 All under Gloucestershire Widely available; BMSGH(PS)

REGISTER COPIES: Marriages: 1548-1812 PHIL 6 CM Burials: 1546-1603 GLO
Christenings: 1547-1669, Marriages: 1547-1812 Burials: 1547-1671 STR
Marriages: 1547-1812 ROE GLO

Christenings: 1547-1876 Marriages: 1547-1837 Burials: 1547-1877 COV

Lower Quinton St.Swithin BMSGH m/fiche , WAR , SoG , BIR


1851-91 WAR
1851 BIR
1851 BMSGH SI v.13 SoG , BIR
1881 BCP , BMSGH(PS)

Burial 1813-1837
Marriage 1667-1837
Poor Law c1690-1860

MANORIAL RECORDS: In Warwick Castle Archives at WAR

OTHER SOURCES: Canning, deeds 1820-1828.
Smith family, Bill Book 1764.
Commonplace Book 1797.
Plan of Rev.J.Parry's estate 1815 and 1829.
Off the Beaten Track, Admington WWM Vol.4 No.12. 1958.
Printed forms from former patients of Stratford Infirmary recording their desire to give thanks to God for their recoveries, 1839-1854.

[Last updated: 18th March 2013 ]